SYSTEM MANAGEMENT functions are handled through Sentinel, Backup Manager, Comprehensive Auditing and Alarms and Configuration Management.
SENTINEL is responsible for monitoring the health of all other SYMPHONY™ components. This includes:
- monitoring individual services to ensure that they are functioning
- SNMP heartbeat support to allow external systems to verify that the system is fully functional
- monitoring usage of various system resources
- allows status information from third party components such as RAID controllers to be written to the system audit logs
- manages the hardware watchdog chips available on the motherboards recommened for use with the system
- includes support for an external alarm panel device which allows system alarms to be presented at a remote location
BACKUP MANAGER provides scheduled backup capabilities ensuring that all user and configuration data is protected.
COMPREHENSIVE AUDITING AND ALARMS ensure that SYMPHONY™ provides a full record of all events that occur and system configuration changes are audited. This includes all user activity including access to recordings. Flexible reporting allows easy production of audit data when required for regulatory compliance. SYMPHONY™ provides comprehensive SNMP alarm support.
CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT of all aspects of SYMPHONY is managed through Personal Assistant™. A consistent and intuitive user interface simplifies system administration even in large, geographically-distributed installations. All configuration changes to SYMPHONY™ are logged.