WESTON DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES recognises that it must achieve its business objectives in a manner that reflects its responsibility to the environment. We understand that electrical and electronic equipment can damage the environment; we are therefore committed to minimising the impact of our products as well as our carbon footprint.
WE ENSURE that all our products comply with worldwide standards for Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS), and dispose of end-of-life product in accordance with the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) directive.
WE HAVE IMPLEMENTED the requirements of ISO4001 and as part of our integrated management system set targets and measure our performance in reducing waste and environmental resources as detailed in our policy statement below.
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
The company is committed to:
- Complying with the legislation of countries within which we operate
- Working proactively with our clients, suppliers and employees to conserve the natural environment
- Ensuring that our products comply with the RoHS legislation and implement processes and controls to reduce their impact on the environment
- Complying with the requirements of the WEEE Directive and working to progressively reduce waste
- Procuring materials and equipment that are environmentally-friendly and more energy-efficient than those they replace
- Reducing power and fuel consumption
- Utilising public transport when feasible
- Ensuring that all employees are made aware of the impact of their activities on the environment
- Providing training and support for staff to ensure their commitment
- Establishing and monitoring targets for environmental protection
- Working to continually improve the company's environmental performance